Wednesday 2 November 2011

WOYWW - Tasting Day

It is getting worse!
Today is what's on your workbench Wednesday, and believe it or not, there is a workbench under there somewhere!

I removed my Polly Polkadot jewellery and bags from the RSPB craft fair on Monday, and I appear to have just dumped it in my corner.  Actually I'll have you know I have tidied it into that arrangement, I just don't know what to do with it next!

I really do need to make a decision about my storage problems, because I have a pair of curtains just out of sight that need hemming.

In my life away from this workbench I have been baking, (please read Mondays post if you need to be filled in, or have forgotten already), and today was tasting day.
I did consider photographing todays newspaper alongside, in case you don't trust me - but I don't buy newspapers!
So at 7.03 this evening I cut into the Tomato and Raisin Loaf...
First let me rename it: Tomato and Raisin Cake.
I think if you didn't know the name, you would say something like 'a pleasant, moist, light fruit cake' (I just double checked with OH, and he says 'more like a pleasant moist not too sweet tea loaf')

But I can't get over the issue that it has got Tomatos in it, surely that makes it savoury?

I think I felt the same when I first tried carrot cake, and courgette cake so maybe I just have to think about it for a few days.

I was wondering whether I should bake another, slice it up, seal it in poly bags and post it out to you all, that way it could mature in the post, and then you could tell me what you think. Any takers?!!

17 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!

    HAPPY WOYWW!
    Hugs, Sandra View my desk HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...be careful - you may end up with over a hundred takers and there you were thinking it was a joke!! I think the tomato part is a bit misleading, but perhaps 'blush tea loaf' is a bot up itself?!!! Storage nightmares - good luck with that - I suspect you need an Ikea fix.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes I think you definitely should send it out, all in the name of scientific evaluation. I'm a savoury gal so I would love to try it with salty butter on and perhaps a smidgeon of cheese. I'd say it was perfect as it appeals to people who want bread and people who want cake - win win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite often my worktable disappears too ... I spend more time tidying it than crafting some days. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Creative chaos perhaps but not a mess. I think that tomatoes are classed as fruit aren't they? I'll have your bit if you don't want it, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda 74

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't care whether it's a loaf or cake, savoury or sweet - I'll have a big piece please. Yes, indeedy :) xx
    Hugs, LLJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess it depends on how sweet the tomatoes are. Home grown ones would give a lovely flavour. Cake doesn't last long here!!! Never made one of those tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good to me :-)
    Thanks for dropping in on me...if you check my Saturdays shopping trip post you will see that the advent calendar was one of the ones I bought in Shrewsbury for one of our latest family arrivals :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in for a jiffy bag!!! Well as tomatoes are technically a fruit, cake it is. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Take heart ...mine is worse. That bread/cake sounds interesting ...at first thought it might have been savoury but tomatoes have loads of sugar in them and they are a fruit ...and as you say carrot courgette and even beetroot loafs/cakes are all sweet. ...sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH NO! That cupboard of mine is far from tidy! I really do need a good sort-out! At least I can just shut the door on it though. I need to be a tidy crafter or it drives me potty and I sometimes realise I am tidying up as I go along and spending more time tidying than actually crafting ... if that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes please and could you arrange for it to arrive about 10'ish to go with my morning coffee :) Looks yum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the peek at your space this week, just sorry I can't stay longer! Hope the rest of the week goes well for you. That cake looks lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How can you eat cake, there isn't even room for you to sit down and eat it? Tidy up girl!!
    I hope you are going to send me a slice!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tomato cake/loaf sounds intriguing. Got any slices left?!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my, you can fit a lot on a desk! the cake looks great dont forget tomatoes are fruit not veg. not that it matters as I make a great chocolate and beetroot cake, yes i said beetroot, it is lovely. thanks for your comments and happy belatted woyww
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. your bread/cake sounds interesting and perhaps posting the recipe out on the web would be better then sending slices around...less expensive anyway. I used to make a chocolate pinto bean and zucchini cake and it tasted delicious, a rich heavy chocolate cake, but no one would eat it when I told them what it had in it but when I didn't they would pig it down. Hope you have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #68

    ReplyDelete