Wednesday 9 November 2011

WOYWW - Very very little...

Fabric free zone, jewellery making to the fore!

Regular visitors will know that today (Wednesday) I take part in Whats on your workbench Wednesday, hosted by Julia at Stamping Ground .  What regular visitors also know is that my desk is always a mess.

Well, surprise! On Monday I cleared away my sewing machine and all its accessories (can fabric really be called an accessory? I think necessity is better term.), and found my workbench underneath.

a very empty bracelet bar
The reason for this sudden burst of tidiness, is that I need to get making more wirework jewellery.  I need to make up a few silver plated crucifixes.

Then I noticed my empty bracelet bar and began scheming about making a new dalmation jasper bracelet with a matching necklace.

Funny isn't it, sometimes I make a piece of hammered jewellery and it is a complete one off, sometimes I want to repeat it and then lots of times I just want to change a little bit here, and a little bit there.
Mango Pango, jewellery anvil, dalmation jasper


And finally, the eagle eyed of you, will have spotted Mango-Pango bear sat on the jewellery anvil.  I kept my promise and returned him to full fitness last night.  He seemed quite pleased until I tried to take him back to the children's room at which point he began shouting expletives at me.  Something about them not knowing how to treat a bear of his standing in the community.

14 comments:

  1. I’m doing a quick dash round as many desks as I can in my coffee break [yes I do allow myself a coffee break :-) ] to see what everyone's been up to. So much fab creativity going on everywhere I go. Really glad to see Mango-Pango back together :-)
    Keep doing what you do best and have a great week
    Hugs,
    Annie x #51

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, repair the bear! You should get a shirt with that stamped on it. Be like Save the Cheerleader...

    But on a serious note, looking forward to seeing something with a hint of jasper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Mango Pango - hope the jewellery goes well (Hazel #89 WOYWW)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mango Pango may have a point, treat him with respect now. Well done for such a tidy desk, bet you feel really pleased with yourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bear and his expletives. I think we have a few animals in this household with rather colorful language also. Its the fault of the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, Glad to see poor ted is back to having all his limbs. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mango Pango reminds me of my stuffed dog, Susy. It got so old and tattered my mom had to change the body but the cloth she used was so stiff compared to the worn old body that he wasn't so cuddly anymore! Well, she's still up in my cupboard, regardless! have fun with your jewelry making! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I never!!! I did not realise Teddy Bears could swear!! Was it in Welsh? Maybe that is why he got damaged in the first place? Perhaps he is a Grumpy Bear!!! Glad he is back to full health tho!!
    This tidiness is a bit scary - illness? Welsh thing? Weather? Scary - definately!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never dare to share the mess of my craft table to the outside world! Bears are to be cherished not played with i can totally empathise with Mango - Pango

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mango Pango would much rather help make jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I'm a little late this week but wanted to pop in to see what you've been up to. Hope you enjoy the rest of the week and have loads of creative fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a girl of many talents!! I like your jewellery very much, especially the dalmatian jasper, never heard of that before, but it reminded me of snowflake obdisian - very nice :)
    Hugs, LLJ #42 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great name - Mango Pango. I have been making tiny dresses for baby Lexi today. Hope to see you one fun day Monday. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw but Mango Pango doesn't really mean it. Although he would like the respect. Jewellery too - you are talented..love the idea of hammered jewellery...adore hammered silver ware that my mother has collected.

    ReplyDelete