Monday 7 November 2011

Handmade Monday - Bear essentials

one job completed, one to go
Handmade Monday is a day to celebrate your weeks achievements (because there isn't a lot of achievements to celebrate in mine!).

I have not adjusted my mind to crossing the garden to the studio, since the clocks have changed.  After all, I now have to dress up warmly and take a torch.

So this week all I feel I have worth showing is my bargain purchase and my guilty find.

Mango-Pango bear is sat on a pair of curtains I bought for £3 in a charity shop.  They are too long for the window, no problem I thought still a bargain.  Of course when I got home, I realised I didn't have the right coloured thread.  It has taken me 1 month to travel the 19 miles to the nearest haberdashery to buy the thread.

Anyway, tonight I not only finished the hemming, but I also tidied my desk (look out on Wednesday for WOYWW to see if it has stayed that way).  And there, under all the usual mess I found Mango-Pango bear.  Mango-Pango was passed to me for a bit of TLC but I forgot all about him, but then, so I think have my children.

I solemnly promise that Mango-Pango will have two legs attached before I go to sleep tonight.

13 comments:

  1. Poor Mango-Pango. I will be checking you out on Wed to see he is feeling more himself with hopefully two legs by then. :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww poor Mango-Pango :( Hope he gets his legs sewn back on soon.

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Mango Pango. He needs a hug!! I hope you give him a short of something strong before you put a needle in him! See you Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the charity shop find, I love to rummage for bargains. Poor Mango-Pongo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Mango-Pango. He takes me back to my childhood, when my little brother's favourite new teddy lost an arm to our puppy. The arm couldn't be salvaged so Mum bought him a new teddy. He wouldn't part with the first one though and the teddies became known as One-Arm and Two-Arm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Mango-Pango can now stand on his own two paws

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was it a drink problem that rendered you legless? I am off to get you a Get Well card... will you be posting up a notice on your gate to record progress like they do at Buckingham Palace?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mango-Pango is a great name, I hope he is now able to stand on his own two feet.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Mango-Pango is recovering well after his major op!! I live in a village so know how frustrating it can be to have to go into the nearest town for all the bits you need. Our post office does sell sewing thread but only in the six basic colours which is fine if you only have to sew a button on. My daugther has just requested that I make a Christmas Elf for her (for my grandson) so will be of into town later to the fabric shop. Hope I remember to get everything I need in one go. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mango Pango looks like he's trying to grab hold of the leg himself, incase you lose it! Well done on clearing you desk - I always wonder who makes it as mess, because you can guarantee within a few days its back as it was.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love charity shops! Love Mango. Love the fact that he needs help!

    And well done on the desk clearance... don't suppose you feel like popping over and doing mine do you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure mango-pang will love the TLC. Nice to see him restored!

    ReplyDelete