Friday 13 May 2011

The Springwatch Effect

You've heard of the Delia Effect? (This was when Supermarkets felt the impact of a Delia recipe on tv )  Well our household is suffering from the Springwatch Effect.

My Other Half works at the nature reserve selected to host the BBC Springwatch programme - namely RSPB Ynys-hir.
RSPB Ynys-hir Visitor Centre

Well, the first impact of this was his sudden interest in blogs.  I can remember the tuts and sighs as I would type up my blog, but now I go to bed and leave him typing away about the Purple Heron or the Spotted Flycatcher.  The Springwatch Effect.
I spotted the Hawfinch first, did I get credit in the blog??

Next he was asked to return to full time work.  The O/H only works Mon, Tues, Wed, allowing me his company for the rest of the week, (well actually I was only interested in the car).  So I find myself back on the number 28 bus.  The Springwatch effect.
not quite the no. 28

Then he was called into work on a Saturday, letting me down for child care for a craft fair, a charity craft fair at that.  The Springwatch effect.

That was the finally straw, I downed tools and admitted defeat, 'OK, Springwatch comes first'.  There are times when it is just better to accept that some things are bigger than you!  The Springwatch effect.

2 comments:

  1. It certainly seems like it's got a lot to answer for. Any interesting behind the scenes at 'Springwatch' stories?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haa Haa! I posted on here last week, but Blogger has lost all my comments too! including yours! I loved what you said about your ex claiming the Chooks - not come across that in my line of work before either!! A dog with a contact order but not chooks!! (I work in Divorce at solicitors!!!) As you are aware my Chooks have landed and my Hubby thinks I am nuts as I talk to them too!!! LOL!!! Thanks for your comments and I have "liked" on facebook for ya!!!

    ReplyDelete