Caroline (who I 'met' through Handmade Monday), over at Redneedle Sewing awarded me a Versatile Blogger award! Now Caroline awarded this on the 6th of June, but I have sunk into survival mode for the last couple of weeks and I just didn't feel my acceptance speech would be at its best.
So I waited, and waited and here we are now on the 20th June, and I think I finally am ready.
Here is how my mind processed the news:
I was really chuffed and extremely flattered.
Firstly, someone really is reading my posts!
Secondly, I always read Caroline's blog, but if she is calling me versatile does that mean she reads mine? Hey hang on a minute, my blogs aren't versatile, are they?
Now my chosen specialist subject is wirework jewellery, so I do blog about making that.
Then of course, I do like to tinker with fabric, so when Dreamstar did a tutorial on flowers I had to give it a go.
Oh and then there was the occasion I managed to bring potty training into my blog.
One of my chickens has made an appearance too.
Hmm maybe I do skate about a bit then....
So back to the point.
- In accepting my award I must place a link back to the person who awarded it
- Share 7 random things about myself (heaven help you)
- Award 7 recently discovered bloggers and contact them to let them know.
So my 7 random things:
1. I restored a Morris Minor pickup from the chassis up.
2. I can speak Welsh, but only only ever use it to speak to my 4 year old!
3. I set up a business when I was 14 called Holidays for pets (I think it only lasted 2 summers!).
4. I hold a motorcycle licence, but haven't riden one since I was 19.
5. My favourite flower is the sweetpea.
6. I am mad on pretty much every sport - and Wimbledon starts today.
7. Wednesday sees me attending my daughters first every ballet show - wish me luck!
And the 7 bloggers I wish to award are:
- Laughing Yaffle - because she appears to be mad.
- Hettiecraft - because she makes me laugh
- Bugs and fishes - she introduced me to World Wide knit outdoors week.
- With u in mind - anyone that can take on all the work for her own wedding is versatile in my mind
- It's an Alien Life - I particularly enjoy her take on the matchbox challenge.
- Tales from a cleaning cupboard - Patti lives near to me and I know how versatile she is as a person, the blog is just as wide ranging.
- mmmcrafts - an American lady, who I came across when I was looking for a sewing pattern
Its an all female list. The majority of these people I have met through groups like Handmade Monday where like minded people share their ideas and their makes, so why not have a look at their sites and see if they inspire you too.