Monday 11 April 2011

Transhumance Crafting.

The transhumance method of farming is well known in the alps, - moving from the winter home to the lush alpine meadows for the summer months.

It also exists in Wales, where the farmer often owns two cottages called Hendre (the winter home) and Hafod (the summer place).


I too have a similar lifestyle, making things upon my knee during the winter months.










And moving back to the studio during the warmer weather.

Well my bad back limited the time I could spend sitting this week, so I set about moving everything from the house to the studio.  {This move was spurred on by warm weather, and was in no way related to the end of the university term - when someone might wish to turn my store room into their bedroom!}

Unfortunately on completing the task this was my workbench!

Ah well, 'twas on a Monday morning the gas man came to call !

No comments:

Post a Comment