|Now called the domestic goddess|
It is fair to say after my initial disappointment and should I add horror at being given a handturn sewing machine, I find myself eating humble pie. The old lady has taught me alot already this week.
By slowing me down, the domestic sewing has helped me remember the basics of machine work.
- How essential rountine maintenance is (the machine arrived siezed, but oiling soon sorted out the problems).
- How fundamental it is to hold the 2 threads when starting
- You can only guide the fabric with one hand, so that hand has to be perfect.
- Your left and right hand really can move in different directions!
- And of course how fun a hand machine is for the children (yes I too remember queuing up to wind a friend's machine).
Call over to Stamping ground and see how everyone else is beginning their new year of WOYWW